 General / 48742
Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 08:25:33 GMT

"Johannes 'Jojo' Koehler" <chutspe@gmx.net> wrote in message
Hello!

A few minutes ago I stumbled accross this folder:

Following the Up button in the folder thread I also found this:

"vehicles of Vereinigte Faschistische Staaten des Neues Reichs"

And I wonder: What on earth do moderators on BrickShelf think when they • pass
something like this? Well, of course those galleries are "safe for kids" • since
there is no nudity included...

There was a first and second reich that had nothing to do with Nazi's. There
is no Nazi insignia or imagery. I can fully understand the sensitivity and
if it claimed to be 'Neo Nazi' I would fully understand.

I don't see the harm in creating a futuristic germanic inspired theme.
Especially when it is as far future as these creations - mechs and the like.
The stylings of the 19thC second reich (neo classicism) make a good
transition to futurstic. Look out for 'Nikolai Dante' for that sort of
concept. (More Russian/Prussian than German but the idea is there)

--
James Stacey
------