 General / 48746
Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 17:15:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Jordan wrote:
There is a bunch of this kind of thing in .space too.
http://news.lugnet.com/?q=iron+reich

Here are some more questions to ponder:
- is the .space Iron Reich faction glorifying Nazism, parodying Nazism, or
drawing on the Nazi aesthetic for ideas - or something else?

I can't speak to the builder's inspiration, but having actually *read* some of
the smack in his MOCpages account, we can assume the following about the Iron
Reich:

- It glorifies big, old grey walls
- It glorifies big-ass numbers embedded in said walls
- It lives under the constant din of yellow dining room walls
- That cat is Gargamel to the Reich's Smurfs.

Having met the man, I don't believe he glorifies anything other than a few
laughs.....

....but let's lock him up anyway.  No good comes of The Man from Clovis.