 General / 48745
Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:16:09 GMT

"Mark Jordan" <mark.jordan@oracle.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, James Stacey wrote:
"Johannes 'Jojo' Koehler" <chutspe@gmx.net> wrote in message
"vehicles of Vereinigte Faschistische Staaten des Neues Reichs"

There was a first and second reich that had nothing to do with Nazi's. • There
is no Nazi insignia or imagery. I can fully understand the sensitivity • and
if it claimed to be 'Neo Nazi' I would fully understand.

My German might not always be spot on, but I can see "Fascist" in the • title for
the page. According to the Google language tool, it means something like
"vehicles OF combined fascist states new of the realm". I would translate • it as
"Vehicles of the United Fascist States of the New Reich".

I understand now then. My German isn't good enough to have seen 'Fascist'.
That certainly does lean it more to a reference to the 3rd reich
strengthening Jojo's point.
I should have chosen to take German rather than Welsh in Form 3 :)

--
James Stacey
------