 General / 44266
44265  |  44267
Subject:
Hi! My name's Dave... was Re: Infuriating
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 16:04:15 GMT

<snip>

Sigh.  I'm ashamed to be a Lego enthusiast.

Calum

Hi!

My name's Dave and I support TLC

In the past few weeks since this colour issue has been blown completely out of
proportion to the actual issue, I have called S@H and spoke with a few
individuals with the primary reason of placing large orders, but with secondary
reasons of voicing my support and appreciation for their company.

I am voting with my wallet. Today I ordered more parts 'n pieces on-line from
the S@H website.

During the course of conversations (since most of the time I love hearing the
sound of my own voice ;) ), the folks I have spoken with in Enfield have
mentioned numerous impolite calls they have received, and were quite sincere in
voicing their appreciation to me for me knowing about the issue and not being
rude and profane on the phone about it.  As well, there have been a few obscene
e-mails and the like.

I don't know who you are or from what rock you may have crawled out from under,
but nothing, I repeat, *nothing* that TLC has done warrants this type of
behaviour.

Being passionate about what you enjoy is one thing.  This behaviour has crossed
the line into the realm of 'extreme fanatic'.  If you are so wrapped up in your
hobby of LEGO to the point where you have the need to send obscene messages to
anyone connected to The LEGO Company, then this is no longer a hobby to you--you
have stepped over the line into 'obsession'.

For the sake of the rest of us who truly enjoy this particular hobby for what it
is--a *hobby*, stop what you are doing.  Take a step back and go find something
else to do for a while.  Your obsessive behaviour isn't good for TLC, it isn't
good for the rest of us, but most important, it isn't good for you.

'Cool your heels'

Dave K
-yeah I know the irony of being compulsive about people being compulsive.... :)