 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9898
Re: Infuriating
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:44:29 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry wrote:

<snip>

You get them in every bunch.  It's frightening, the similarities between the two
hobbies.

-Iain

When talking with Allan at the hobby show, he was making astute observations,
linking the similarities between the history of the Mecanno company and the
history of TLC, as well ad the similarities between the two fan bases.

Well, from that, and what you just mentioned, and other things I've noted, like
the 'fans of EverQuest', I just have one thing to say--"How do these companies
make *any* changes without sending their fans into a tizzy?"

There was a quote from Absor (some high ranking official in EQ) in response to
all the yippage from certain changes in EQ that I'd love to repeat here, but
it's not for polite company--

Starts off with "Baah!  Quit yer..." and ends with one word.

I usually tone that down to "Put a sock in it!" or "Shut yer hole!" for less
polite conversations.

Anyway, tired, melancholy (nothing to do with colour change), and just pretty
much blase (about the colour change) and just feel like I'm missing something
(and it ain't LEGO).

Dave K
-listening to Mariah Carey sing Journey songs--what has my life become?
Journey!!  She's singing Journey!!  There goes the entire '80's decade of music
for me!