 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9886
Re: Infuriating
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 20:56:46 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Phillips wrote:
Hey guys,

So, at the suggestion Trevyn Watson, I've been reading the controversy over
the colour change stuff.  Who the hell are these people?

(snip lots of ranting and raving about people ranting and raving)

Sigh.  I'm ashamed to be a Lego enthusiast.

Calum

You're absolutely right, Calum.  I feel so ashamed for being a shrewd consumer
and actually expecting a company that I do several hundred dollars worth of
business with every month to actually try to meet my needs as a consumer.  I
hang my head in shame.

Sarcasm, thy name is Chris...

There are so many more important things for us to discuss.  Like who in
rtlToronto has the most excess/unused cranial capacity.  Or on how many
different types of Connect Four boards and pieces have been produced over the
last 20 years.  Or whose baby pictures are the cutest.  Or who StrongBad is
ranking on when he says "I don't care that your cell phone has a camera in it."

a) it's rtlToronto, a local sub group that specifically caters to the greater
toronto and Southern Ontario area, in which we're all friends and hang out and
shoot the breeze and have the 'worlds best robot competitions' and the like, but
we also know that there are many many lurkers who read our little NG, and enjoy
doing so (well, they must 'cause they keep coming back!)...

b) wasn't posted in .general for *all* to read and if Calum wants to go on a
little tirade in a little NG where 99 percent of lugnetters fear to tread...

c) it's rtlToronto--give yer head a shake!

I take back everything bad that I've said about the color change.  After all, if
I turn out most of the lights in my building area and wear sunglasses and never
photograph my models, I'll almost never notice that the new pieces don't match
the older ones.  As long as I don't build any single model that uses more than
three pieces of grey or brown brick.  After all, you never see those colors in
real life.  At least not if you turn out all the lights and don sunglasses.

I guess I should go out and get a life like you say.  Does LEGO sell those?
What colors do they come in?

I took out my grey pieces I have today and just dumped them on the ground--the
colour variance is extraordinary.  You have no basis for yippage about LEGO
changing their colours--the bricks have been doing that for years--get over it.

- Chris.

p.s.  I never would have expected to get such friendly advice from the
self-proclaimed Unfriendliest Place on the Internet (TM).  But clearly we should
all take a lesson from you, since you have obviously been hiding under a rock
for the last two weeks.

Clearly your grasp of local newsgroups is wowness at its best.

Calum wasn't hiding, he was just stayin' in rtlToronto--again Chris, what's yer
point?

Dave K