 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9892
Re: Infuriating
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 21:54:48 GMT

<lots of snippage>

I take back everything bad that I've said about the color change.  After all, if
I turn out most of the lights in my building area and wear sunglasses and never
photograph my models, I'll almost never notice that the new pieces don't match
the older ones.  As long as I don't build any single model that uses more than
three pieces of grey or brown brick.  After all, you never see those colors in
real life.  At least not if you turn out all the lights and don sunglasses.

I guess I should go out and get a life like you say.  Does LEGO sell those?
What colors do they come in?

- Chris.

p.s.  I never would have expected to get such friendly advice from the
self-proclaimed Unfriendliest Place on the Internet (TM).  But clearly we should
all take a lesson from you, since you have obviously been hiding under a rock
for the last two weeks.

Relax...take a breath...and your going about it the wrong way trying to fit in.
The vast majority of us...well at least Dave and I have read all about
the "current" state of LEGO (color change and all).

I have to agree with Calum on this one.  LEGO does not "owe" us anything.
We may be a profound love of the brick, but the target market for LEGO is the
children, NOT us.

I don't have a problem because there is  the secondary market (Bricklink, Ebay)
for older shades of grey, and I could eventually find a use for the
new shades of bricks (for ...cough...cough...castle...cough).

Relax, smell the roses, or whatever you do to calm down, and get down to
building.  If you are too p'ed off, then stop buying lego, put your collection
on bricklink or ebay, and let some other more enthusiastic with Lego buy it
off you....

:)

Ben M.