 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9894
Re: Infuriating
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:10:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Richard Noeckel wrote:

I supose there's a LEGO equivelant.  I don't know what it would be in that
case... Castle?

_Hey!

     ;-)

It's okay, what I'm saying is you are to the LEGO community probably what I as a
European flatride enthusiast am to the general coaster enthusiast community.

I remember when I started to despise "coaster" enthusiasts.  I remember that day
well.  It was 2 years ago.  For some unknown reason I happen to find myself in
line for Wild Beast.  Blah, wood, whatever.  Two enthusiasts were in front of me
and we started to chat.  I asked them if they'd riden the TopScan yet.  They
asked what that was, and I said Shockwave.  And pointed to it, in all it's
Mondial goodness.

...to which they replied, "Oh, we don't ride *those*.  They just spin."

Absolutely.  Unbeliveable.

You get them in every bunch.  It's frightening, the similarities between the two
hobbies.

-Iain