 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9885
Re: Infuriating
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 20:56:36 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Phillips wrote:
You're absolutely right, Calum.  I feel so ashamed for being a shrewd consumer
and actually expecting a company that I do several hundred dollars worth of
business with every month to actually try to meet my needs as a consumer.  I
hang my head in shame.

What I disagree with is the expectation that you believe you deserve something
out of this transaction or that you are the target consumer.  I encourage you to
stop buying Lego and put your money where your mouth is.  If you don't like it,
there's Megabloks and other brands.  See if they listen to you and "meet your
needs".

Enthusiasts of any type (roller coaster, Lego, RC car, Star Trek, whatever) always have this unusual belief they're "special" because they consume more.  That's the word "consume".  You're not a partner in the deal, you're a CONSUMER.  You buy stuff.   If you don't like it, don't buy it!

There are so many more important things for us to discuss.  Like who in

Yeah, because they're at least fun.  Perhaps if people moved up to Toronto and
hung out they'd realize to take things less seriously.  What's in the water out
there?

Calum