 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9897
Re: Infuriating
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:31:12 GMT

Second, I can't see how the new colours REPLACING the old ones is worth >getting
upset.  They're not saying they're getting RID OF grey, it's just changing
slightly.

Actually most of the new colour upset me, especially colours that are very close
to each other until you put them together, e.g. light yellow.  To me they are
sorting headache, although they are good trade away pieces.  At least I have
some real use for the new dark stone grey unlike most other new colours.  I do
hope we can still get old dark grey since we can use more than one dark cold
colour.

I also believe those new colours give Lego set designers small headaches.  For
example they don't put dark red and regular red of the same shape in the same
model, because the instruction is usually off colour and kids will have a hard
time figure out the right piece.

I knew the colours were different even at age six-if you look at
different blue pieces, they look different under varying light.

Which reminds me that the 8444 came with two different blue.

In the words of William Shatner, "Get a life!"

Don't use that, please.  That is what some regular people want to say toward our
little Lego & robotic hobby, they are just too polite to say it.

You're calling Lego Consumer
Affairs?  That's as lame as calling Paramount because you disagree with a >shot
of the Enterprise in a Star Trek movie not having the right colour of glow in
the starboard warp nacelle.

Not really.  The better analogy would be say you need to replace your plastic
side mirror, bumper or wheel cover of your car, but you found out they don't
make them in the right colour anymore.  I sure would call somebody if the car is
still new enough.

If their target market will like and buy these
products more due to the new colours, great!  They know their market better
than any of us do.

And sometime they don't know, seeing the failure of Znap and Galidor.