 General / 3967
3966  |  3968
Subject:
Sports sets (was Re: Soccer sets)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 15:25:57 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

Speaking of releases outside of the U.S. :)  Soccer is a lot bigger of a
sport outside of the U.S., right?  Isn't it fair to say that they probably
would have flopped pretty hard here?  Maybe baseball of football would have
worked here.

I could see these sports sets being big.  They could sell them at the
stadiums and have team-connected sets.  More crossover business for
Lego.  I can just imagine the  Michael Jordan minifig selling like crazy
at Chicago Bulls games.

Still, we can probably all agree that the soccer sets -should- have been
available via S@H at the very least.

I certainly agree.

--
Sincerely,