 General / 3992
Re: AucZILLA X: what is this item?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 15:20:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Wilson writes:
<SNIP>

3. adults buying for themselfes (AFOLS): usually after detailed sets with lots
of elements and lots of build value. tlg denies that this group of buyers even
exists...

<SNIP>

How is it that I, an AFOL, can spend $500 on Lego's in a single week and TLG
doesn't feel that we are a viable target market? The reason SW sets have done
so well is due to the theme and the quality. All of the SW sets that I have
put together so far are really high quality (especially the Gungan Sub) which
is reminiscent of older set quality. If all sets sold were of this quality, I
might be more inclined to by sets of all themes rather than sink my money into
duplicate sets of the one theme. I wouldn't trade a single Gungan Sub for
any number of Mission Control sets.