 General / 4004
Re: AucZILLA X: what is this item?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 23:06:24 GMT

"jonathan wilson" <wilsonj@xoommail.com> writes:
in my experience there are several types of lego buyers:
1. kids buying with their pocket meney: want small sets with lots of
parts that they do not already have to expand their collection.

In my experience, kids buy the nicest looking model they can afford and
do not usually consider the number or selection of pieces included.  This
is not an argument for Town Jr, though, because Town Jr. models are
uglier than everything else offered.  I also think part of the play value
is included in moving parts, like doors, which Town Jr doesn't include.
  It is only when kids get older, say 13 yrs, that they start considering
the pieces included and stop caring as much about how the models look.
It was about at that age that I started buying sets for the price per
piece, building them just once, and then tearing them apart soon after.
However, I still buy sets that I consider well designed and let them have
some shelf-time, even though they may be a little more on the pricey
side.
--Bram