 General / 3965
Re: Soccer sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 13:57:47 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

<snip>

We don't know for -sure- (like officially) that the SW bucket is for-sure
totally totally cancelled.  Just that LSI in Enfield told retailers that it
was being pulled.  TLG may still (God, let's hope!) change its mind, or
(bummer, but better than nothing) release it outside of the U.S.

I believe the cancellation of the Star Wars bucket may have prevented a
lot of TLG flaming.  Why?  Did anyone ever consider what the contents of
this bucket would have been?  As far as I know, Lego never included
"theme-type" pieces in any of its buckets -- even the Halloween bucket,
which someone pointed out would have been great had it included ghosts,
skeletons and bats, contained only "freestyle" pieces.  I am guessing
that a Star Wars bucket would have enraged AFOLs because it would simply
have been freestyle parts with a Star Wars label.  It's kinda like the
Star Wars toothpaste I saw yesterday -- just a company's attempt to
cash-in on a licensing agreement.

So, if the above scenario is plausible, be happy the Star Wars bucket
was cancelled.

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu