 General / 3981
Re: Soccer sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 00:42:13 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.general, talonts@vfaq.com (Tom Stangl, VFAQman) writes:
Yeah, and F(*$*($*($ TLG didn't release them in the US!  Sometimes I'd like
to walk into Billund with a freshly laundered white glove and slap some
people silly (and sometimes I'd like to slap them dead, like when I just
saw the post about the SW bucket being cancelled - TLG, YOU ARE BRAINDEAD
IDIOTS!).  I'm not about to spend 1/4 of my Lego budget on shipping for the
sets I can't get in the US.

Yeow -- Having a bad day, Tom?

We don't know for -sure- (like officially) that the SW bucket is for-sure
totally totally cancelled.  Just that LSI in Enfield told retailers that it
was being pulled.  TLG may still (God, let's hope!) change its mind, or
(bummer, but better than nothing) release it outside of the U.S.

Speaking of releases outside of the U.S. :)  Soccer is a lot bigger of a
sport outside of the U.S., right?  Isn't it fair to say that they probably
would have flopped pretty hard here?  Maybe baseball of football would have
worked here.

Still, we can probably all agree that the soccer sets -should- have been
available via S@H at the very least.

Yes, and they weren't.  Braindead marketing decision, IMNSHO.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/