 General / 3966
3965  |  3967
Subject:
Corrections to LUGNET Sets Database.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 14:54:37 GMT

I've been browsing the LUGNET sets database recently, and found a few
omissions and changes that need to be made in the early Samsonite sets.
Who do I contact to correct these?

Here are what needs changing:

The following sets list 1967 as the start date for the sets, but the
date should read 1961:
#702, 703, 705, 708, 711, 717, 725.

Sets 717 (Junior Constructor), 725 (Town Plan), and 246 (Town Plan
Board) all had 2 completely different sets under the same name and
number.

The early (1961- early 1962) version of these sets are seen (Bill
Katz/Joe Lauher site) here:

http://www.chem.sunysb.edu/msl/LEGO/60s_d2.jpg

The later (late 1962 to 1964) version of these sets are seen (Bill
Katz/Joe Lauher site) here:

http://www.chem.sunysb.edu/msl/LEGO/60s_e2.jpg

These are (with the exception of the Town Plan Board) totally different
models and streetscapes, and should probably both be listed, yes/no?.

Gary Istok

P.S.  The only way that I know the early/late 1962 dates is because I
have a November 11, 1962 New Yorker full page advertisement on LEGO that
shows the newer version of these sets, which I think came out for the
holidays that year.