 General / 37776
Re: $Here’s the Deal$
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:29:48 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Richard Noeckel writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Kevin Salm writes:
I can picture a Breezeway Cafe rebuilt into a little French bistro, for
example, using the same elements (and possibly more of the key pieces).
The minifigs can be updated, the piece count can climb, and of
course the price point for the set would be increased slightly.

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jason J. Railton writes
These are some good ideas –
I don't think there's much potential in simple colour variants of sets.

Hey, it’s just a start, we just can’t plan on going sub-orbital on the first
attempt. There’s far more potential in this concept…but initially I honestly
believe that to create a 375/6075 Yellow Castle in Dark Gray would be the
perfect launch in the right direction. A course that could eventually become
far more dynamic!

Hi Richard,

I agree 100% on the idea of 'Variants'. I am even convinced that has by far
more market potential as the 99,8% copies which are now sold as 'Legends'.

But for the 375 castle, I would strongly recommend to make it in sandcolour
tan. That catches the spirit of the yellow 375 better and there have been lots
of yellowish castles in real life in the south of Europe. Only in the rainy
north everything looks like grey or dark grey after a while.

Kind Regards,

Ben

P.s.: What are further candidates?
orange technic backhoe grader? White (ICE) Metro Liner, brown Crocodile
Engine, burnt orange hot rod from model team, dotted dark grey dragon
sculpture....

More candidates:  Ice Planet 2002 version of the BT2 allied avenger (I've
seen someone do this already and it is a REAAAAALLY good idea).
Actually, it'd be really cool to see more space done in different colour
variants.
Also, it'd be cool to see an imperial guard/spanish armada version of 6286
complete with white hull and full crew compliment.

Play well, Stephen Hurn