 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4920
Re: $Here’s the Deal$
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:14:14 GMT

Let's not put words in the mouth of Brad Justus.
I asked this question at BrickFest because it needed to be asked, but I was
less than satisfied with the answer given.  More information would have been
good, but is/was not reasonable to expect.

Your ideas are for re-issues of past sets in color variants only.  Personally,
I have other ideas in mind, too.  Specifically, variants of past sets that have
been
partially or totally _redesigned_ to be even _better _ than the set they are
based upon.

So I feel that while re-issues of Pizza to Go, Breezeway Cafe, Guarded Inn,
Metroliner, Club Car, etc are a good idea [1], my vision is for these sets to
be re-created by Lego set designers with the spirit of the original sets
preserved.  I can picture a Breezeway Cafe rebuilt into a little French
bistro,
for example, using the same elements (and possibly more of the key pieces).
The minifigs can be updated, the piece count can climb, and of course the
price
point for the set would be increased slightly.

Aha, are you pondering what i'm pondering?

I want to see a revamp of the technic back hoe released in 1989. Improvements:
1)pneumatics on the front bucket
2)pneumatics 3 times longer than the orignals
3)pneumatically powerd rotary motors
4)these motors power an actuator which extends the rear boom
5)sliding (side to side) rear boom
6)all wheel drive
7)tilting front axel
8)modern styling
9)larger (is this going too far now, what the heck)
10)pneumatic motors are reversable so they can be used as a pump
11)new mains opereated motor (can also be powered by battery)
12)gearbox (4 forward, 4 reverse)*
13)motor powers the drive and pneumatic pump.
14)all the original functions.

OK I might have gone too far hear but that would be a nice (and quite
possibly very expensive) set but I would honestly pay £150 for it.

To have all these funtions in one model may seem far fetched but it's not
really. I've already designed one (gearbox and all) but I can't make it
because it requires new parts. (About 5 new parts)

Gee wizz is it nice, I am aching to see one in real life. It even looks as
if it is built by a professional. So if I can do it, I now they can do it.

*Gearbox specs of a jcb 3cx back hoe

enought of my ramblings, for now I have to plan for tomorrow night pinky 8^)