 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4972
Re: Attack of the clones (Re: $Here’s the Deal$)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 03:50:47 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Kirby Warden writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Tom Stangl writes:
Sorry, but that purple ship looks too much like a MegaBloks set to me,
simply because of the color scheme.

I think it would look pretty good in "real life".  Especialy with chrome
replacing the white.

How about replacing the "puke" purple with the "awesome" violet color that Lego
makes.  Call me crazy if you like; violet is one of my favorite colors but I
hate the color purple.  Wait I got it.  What if the purple was changed to
violet, the white and 'glow in the dark' was changed to black, and the
trans-yellow(as much as I want that color) was changed to trans-red(also quite
desirable by me.)  That would make an awesome color combination for the
fictional Blacktron 3.

Something like that would sell pretty good, even if
the average AFOL didn't touch it.  Personally, I think if Lego would do more
sets like MegaBloks, a lot of AFOLs would be pleased...the arguments I've
followed here tend to agree that the only thing keeping AFOLs away from
MegaBlocks these days is the quality of the bricks.

And even that is not much of an issue anymore for some.  :-D

-Mike Petrucelli