 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4924
Re: $Here’s the Deal$
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:43:08 GMT

Kevin Salm: could you consider producing variants of old
sets rather than copies?  (sets in other colors for example)
Answer : Yes, we are considering that very seriously.

‘VARIANTS’  -Are-  going to happen…
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow,
.                    :::But Someday:::

In lugnet.lego.direct, Kevin Salm writes:
Your ideas are for re-issues of past sets in color variants only.
Personally, I have other ideas in mind, too.  Specifically, variants
of past sets that have been partially or totally _redesigned_ to be
even _better _ than the set they are based upon.

Indeed this is a better idea…and even extends the concept of variants to
include color but not be limited solely by such. However, I think it is most
prudent to take ‘baby-steps’ with Lego Direct. Nothing too dynamic, that’s
why a simple color alteration would be a great step in the right direction…
later on they can go CRAZY and implement Allan Portillo's idea.         ;)

Brad Justus did give a pretty firm YES answer to the question.  So I remain
hopeful that we _will_ see some variants of old sets available.

I too remain hopeful, for the possibilities are astronomical!

                                      --==RïçhårÐ==--