 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4971
Re: Attack of the clones (Re: $Here’s the Deal$)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 03:10:10 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tom Stangl writes:
Sorry, but that purple ship looks too much like a MegaBloks set to me,
simply because of the color scheme.

I think it would look pretty good in "real life".  Especialy with chrome
replacing the white.  Something like that would sell pretty good, even if
the average AFOL didn't touch it.  Personally, I think if Lego would do more
sets like MegaBloks, a lot of AFOLs would be pleased...the arguments I've
followed here tend to agree that the only thing keeping AFOLs away from
MegaBlocks these days is the quality of the bricks.