 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4947
Re: $Here’s the Deal$
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 06:58:57 GMT

"Richard Noeckel" <Shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> writes:

You know how TLG has been neglecting Technic

How so?  I can agree that _LEGO Direct_ have been neglecting the
Technic line, though.

(Let’s face-it, as much as we all luv and cherish Technic, the
likelihood of Lego producing a Technic “Legend” is quite
slim!)

Why do you think the chances are slim?  I can agree that a twenty year
old Technic set has less technological appeal today, but it would
still have the nostalgia value.  Most of the parts needed would be
available today, except, e.g. the foamy tyres and the large pistons.

An 8880 Super Car http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8880 from 1994 in
trans-light-blue with occasional light-gray & gray highlights along
with sand-blue wheel-rims and dark-gray wheels.  This’d be
astounding.

I dunno.  Personally, I value the function of a technic set more than
the colour.  Besides, the 8880, while it was a technologically great
set at it's time, it is now pretty much obsoleted by newer sets.
E.g. the suspension on 8466 is much less bulky, and it can also
accomodate more than one kind of wheel.  For a display model, this
will probably not make much of a differece.  But if the model is
bought for building with, I would absolutely prefer the newer, more
versatile elements.

BTW, you appear to use a lot of characters which are not in the
ISO-8859-1 charactes set, like “, ” and ‘.  Still, your
article is coded to use this character set:

Perhaps there is a different character set which includes the missing
characters?

Fredrik