 General / 37736
37735  |  37737
Subject:
$Here’s the Deal$
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.year.2003
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 01:10:53 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

                  -On Variants:
Kevin Salm: could you consider producing variants of old
sets rather than copies?  (sets in other colors for example)
Answer : Yes, we are considering that very seriously.

‘VARIANTS’  -Are-  going to happen…
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow,
                  :::But Someday:::

And thus, I feel adamantly inclined to persuade TLG,
and Lego Direct, to consider my supplication to have
set   # 375/6075   become the first ‘Variant’ in TLG’s
esteemed line of Classics.  ((In Dark Gray of Course))
                http://guide.lugnet.com/set/375_2
(I believe that models being remade into ‘Variants’
would be better suited to fall under the banner of
“Classics” rather than “Legends!”)  Cause after all,
if it t’was a true “Legend” it wouldn’t have to be
remade with an alternate color scheme.

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=37552
^-Following the concepts in the post above
I see no reason why this wouldn’t be the
ideal choice for the first “Classics-Variant.”
After all, the first Legend was of Castles
decent, and the first MOC was also of Castle
heritage. Accordingly, to continue this positive
trend, the first “Classics-Variant” should follow
suite.

So here’s the deal, let’s let TLG know what direction
they should explore regarding future “Variants!”

  ~Example:

Like an all tan hull of a 6274 Caribbean Clipper
with light blue trim and royal blue sails…
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6274

(or)

A sand green variant for the Deep Freeze Defender
with brown and dark red trim along with a black canopy.
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6973

Here’s two great example of variants for Pirates and space!

    ?Others?
   ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯     What’s your choice for the ideal ‘Variant?’

             ¤Sincerely,

                                --==RïçhårÐ==--

(Yes, I do yield any/all rights to the creative ideas/concept
inherent within this *imploration in the hopes that these
imaginings become one day tangible!)

*is this even a word?
(seriously, is it?!?)