 General / 37737
Re: Creator Buckets - Purple & Orange
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 01:27:20 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kecia Hansen writes:
In lugnet.general, John Morgan writes:
In lugnet.general, Kecia Hansen writes:
Hi

I have bought some of the new creator sets in Copenhagen. I have uploaded a
few pictures of my sets plus a little info. It can be seen at my homepage.
Here they are:

Set 4105    http://www.kecia.dk/legoset/creator4105.htm    (195K)

Set 4179    http://www.kecia.dk/legoset/creator4179.htm    (110K)

Set 7831    http://www.kecia.dk/legoset/creator7831.htm    (160K)

Kecia

Yikes, I hope those sets aren;t really that expensive when released here.
$50 for a bucket of 500 basic bricks?

Hi John

The childrens ticket which comes with 4179 is worth 140 DKK. That brings
price down to 230 DKK, or about 30.50 US$, which is similar to 4105. Also,
don't forget, that LEGO sets are expensive in Denmark. If the set is
released in the US, the price would most likely be even lower.

Kecia

I found a 4105 bucket (the one with brown and tan) at my local Wal-Mart (in the
US) and it was 9.97 US$.  Obviously I purchased one.  Bricks, glorious bricks!

Now if only TLC would sell 6x8 plates (or similar size) so I could get a few
thousand and actually make full use of said bricks.  <sigh>  Oh well I geuss
half way is better than nothing.  Seriously though, sometimes I get the
distinct impression that TLC does not actually want people to be able to build
large things rivaling their 'master builders'.

-Mike Petrucelli