 General / 34770
Re: What one piece would you like to see?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 16:39:20 GMT

What a great title for a thread!

Although I expect it may expose the great divide between;

pieces to make things look right

and;

pieces to make things function right

I suspect that divide runs close to the Technic edge :)

Being polarised toward the Technic side of things myself, I have a
suggestion for a part, or should I say, new range of parts I'd love to see.

Half thickness vertical plates. Imagine the half width beams, currently
common in lengths of 5,6 and 7 holes and imagine plates of perhaps 3x5
or 5x7 with a corresponding square grid of holes. These would be super
useful for sides of things, multi-shaft gear box ends, and anywhere the
lighter weight capability to add some vertical dimension is required.

Maybe I should go grab same 5/16" ABS sheet and make me a few ;)

JB