 General / 34768
Re: What one piece would you like to see?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 06:10:55 GMT

In lugnet.general, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:

I think he was meaning a peak which is 3 studs across, not 3 studs wide
(the 2x3 medium slope peak in fact exists). However, what we also need
is a 1x2 and/or 2x3 low slope peak. One way to solve the 3 across peak
is to release a series of slopes like Tyco's medium slopes which are
just the slope portion without the attached brick. This would allow
getting an odd width peak with the following construction:

Y'all are way too obsessed over this problem. Why, when faced with a
completely impossible situation like a roof peak with 3 studs to cover, I
just stand on the back of my big blue ox and clap on a nice long 1x plate
down the center line. That's right, a nice long plate. Then take some pretty
1x tiles of the same color and make lean-to walls to either side--don't snap
them on, there's a good boy. Now put one more on top. Aren't you glad you
have a 3-wide roof?

The original question was soliciting ideas for pieces that don't yet exist
that would we like to see.  Granted nearly all the pieces mentioned so far
have alternative ways of accomplishing something similar.  But that's
besides the point in this thread.  It would be nicer, it would be an
improvement, and we would be happier if LEGO ever made these types of pieces.

--
  David Schilling