 General / 34598
Re: What one piece would you like to see?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 03:15:25 GMT

In lugnet.general, Chris Maddison writes:
Hi all,

I was pondering an interesting thought earlier.  I'll open it to all of you too.

What one (or more) piece(s), NOT yet made (i.e., no mold has ever existed
for it) would you like to see LEGO make?  Simple question.  And no, existing
parts in off colors don't count.  No pink pitchforks and such. ;-)

My vote would be for a moritorium on new parts for at least the next 3 to 5
years.

Does this sound like nonsense?  Perhaps.  But I think the biggest problem
today isn't a lack of new parts, it's a glut of new parts.  It would be so
nice to see old existing parts used in ever new and exciting ways.  This is
always what makes models built by LEGO fans so interesting.  They are
*forced* to use existing parts.  They can't very well make molds for a part
they think they need.  They make do with what they have.

"Maximum utilization of available resources."

This is what separates the master builders from those who can accurately
align bricks at 90 degrees to each other and push down.

Just my opinion.  Interesting question though.

Regards,
Allan B.