 General / 34771
34770  |  34772
Subject:
Too much Jack Stone in 2002 Alpha Team
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 00:43:53 GMT

Hey all,

After buying three more #4796 Ogel Mutant Squid sets for the great new
parts, I took some time to closely scrutinize the inside cover of the
instruction booklet that displays all the 2002 Alpha Team Sets.  Aside from
the squid (#4796) and base (#4797) sets, there are way too many Jack
Stone-BURP pieces in this theme.  More perturbing is that the usage of the
piece invariably involves not only using one piece instead of several (which
adds more playability and variety of pieces), it also appears to be an
attempt to add detail to an otherwise unremarkable design.

I'm also annoyed that the Aquanaut color scheme has been replicated on five
of the sets.  I think green and black would've been much better.  You just
can't get enough green!  I know the AquaRaiders were green and black, but
there were only three sets, and they were discontinued pretty quick.

However I sing the praises of the #4796, which I already think will prove to
be the best set in the theme, because not only does it have a great parts
selection, it's also a well-designed set that looks like what it's supposed
to.

How about you?

Dave