 General / 19028
Re: The problem I have with upcoming product hoaxes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 16:30:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Greg Majewski wrote:

In lugnet.general, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
I have to agree with Jeff. I thought the last AT-AT was pretty bad, and the
fact it said 2001 catalog

It was supposed to be bad! It was a joke, I wasn't going for a hoax! Couldn't
you tell? I hope so. If not, then, well, I don't know what needs to be done to
you :)

Don't worry -- I'm sure most people got it.  I know I did.  :)  It was the
best thing since set 666, BURP Adventure.

I wasn't too keen on using lugnet.announce for this purpose, but .announce
seems to be taking a certain amount of abuse and overuse lately anyway.
IMO.

Steve