 General / 19092
Re: The problem I have with upcoming product hoaxes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 16:31:25 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matthew Miller writes:
Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
No, he was talking about Ben's one year ago april fools "I found a really old
train set" and this years april fools "there is some new train stuff coming
in
December"

And these were both on April 1st? You'd think that the second time around,
the debunking would come rather quickly.

No, because this time Ben didn't post it himself... he put it up at a german
lego site, that didn't mention who put the catalogs in... no hints to relate
it to Ben until he out-and-out admitted it.

-Shiri