 General / 19150
Re: The problem I have with upcoming product hoaxes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 09:57:53 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ravi Mohan writes:
95% of
posters to Lugnet seem to be North American/European/Australasian: I hope
most of these people had previously encountered practical jokes on April 1.

But that leaves only south america, africa and antartica-no one builds lego
in antartica right and Autralasia is an awfullybig place!

Sorry for any confusion Ravi -- by Australasia I only meant Australia, New
Zealand and the South Pacific. So roughly 10% of the world's population would
have the same cultural background as 95% of Lugnetters, and there's still a
fair range in that 10%.

--Dave

Huh-iwas just kidding!-note phrase awfullybig

That's cool, and it's also cool that it demonstrates my point. Communication,
especially humour, can easily be misunderstood in a forum where people come
from different backgrounds and read in different ways.

--Dave