 General / 19084
Re: The problem I have with upcoming product hoaxes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 17:09:51 GMT

Bram,

> Am I the only one who wants to see more attempts to copy the quality and
designs of official instructions and packaging?  Maybe it's my interest
in design...Maybe blatant hoaxes can hurt people, but I think hoaxes will
make people pay closer attention to pictures and products to avoid clone
scams (maybe that's a stretch :) Hopefully people won't get paranoid...)
--Bram

I think we might be getting off the original intent of the posting. I liked
the train hoax. I think it was really well done, and the discussion for it
was valid. I would like to see some more attempts at making our stuff look
real. I think my issue was with the way the 2001 catalog was handled. It was
posted into announce, and in another group, and I was not on line to look at
the link to see the picture (I saw the message, but I had to leave). I think
we need to be careful when this kind of thing occurs, becuase some people
may not pick it up, and we might lose people from the groups. April Fools is
a natural time to do it, and I look forward to next years. I think people
need to be more careful posting to groups, and make sure we stay on charter
to what the groups mean.

Scott S.
--
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com
It's Almost Here! ->The Sanburn Systems Company