 General / 18077
Re: Why do so many people say "I will only ship to the us"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 15:55:36 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott Arthur writes:

I get these too, and I'm in Scotland. For me most buyers use 66c or $1
stamps. I
few people just seem to use some sort of arbitrary amount "just to make
sure".
A minority of buyers use so called "Global Priority Mail" - this costs $5
and
takes just as long as normal airmail, I'm never sure what the advantage of
this
method is?

I think- but I'm not sure- that it might include delivery confirmation.

I know that I was sending something to someone overseas and wanted that
feature, but it was so much more expensive than the regulr 60 cent airmail
stamp that I decided to go without.  Five dollars sounds about right.

eric