 General / 18042
Re: Why do so many people say "I will only ship to the us"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 7 May 2000 17:13:07 GMT

Interesting question Jonathan, I've always wondered that!

As a parts seller in Canada, 95% of my packages go outside the country,
90% of those to the US. For the kinds of small packages that most Lego
parts orders need, I just use the small packet rate for the US or
international mail that Canada Post publishes for a set of weight
bands.  Mostly I estimate the weight - at this point I am pretty good at
that :-). The customs form for small packets only asks for the type of
contents and the value, too, so that's no big deal.

Bigger packages are definitely more trouble. Like Mike, I've been burned
with more shipping cost than I expected (like, an extra $20 on a package
to Japan!) mostly when I estimated instead of packing, weighing, and
calculating, and like him I don't feel I can reasonably ask the buyer to
pay extra so I swallow it.

Kevin

--
Personal Lego Web page: