 General / 18151
Re: Why do so many people say "I will only ship to the us"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 13:47:09 GMT

Gary Istok wrote:

Tore Eriksson wrote:

I really look forward to a secure money transaction service with reasonable fees, but so far I haven't seen any.

Due to all shameless bank fees and their even more shameless lack of interest in helping out with international money
transactions, I always send and recieve US$ cash. This works excellent, and in almost 200 transactions, none has failed.
(Yes, one. I tried to pay eBay itself in cash, but some eBay employee must have put it in her/his own pocket.)

/Tore

Yes I too have sent over 100 (USA cash) envelopes overseas.  All of mine for Europe have arrived just fine.  Only one did
not, and that was for Israel (sorry Shiri!).

American banks are "transaction ignorant" when it comes to international money orders.  Whenever I wanted to buy one, the
clerk would have to call the manager, and then they would have to look it up in a book.  Then they would tell me there will
be a $15 processing fee.  I said "forget it"!  I'll send cash.

I have absolutely no worry about sending cash, especially to northern Europe (Germany, England, Austria, Scandinavia,
Belgium, Netherlands, etc.).

Gary Istok

Completely agree according to my experiences. I had 60+ transactions up
to date, always send cash and they always arrived. Which countries?
yeah, here is the list:

New Zealand, Australia, Austria, Germany, Slovakia, France, Belgium,
Holland, UK, Canada, and US

Selçuk