 General / 18070
Re: Why do so many people say "I will only ship to the us"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 13:23:34 GMT

The thing I guess that perhaps American folks may not realize is that many
of us in smaller countries (population wise, not land mass) are forced to
sell internationally, if we want to sell at all.  If I were to refuse to
sell to anyone outside of Canada, I would have sold exactly nothing on eBay
so far.  As of right now, I've not shipped to anywhere in Canada.  Folks in
the U.S. should consider themselves lucky that they can set restrictions on
their sales, and still know that they will likely make a sale.  My point to
them in my first post in this thread was that perhaps they shouldn't rule
out several million potential buyers, just north of the border, who are
perfectly willing to pay for their products as well.
I will throw my 2 cents in on this, in regards to a purchase (non lego,
it was a set of MSDN cds) from ebay. I bidded on it and then after I had
bidI noticed the fine print: wont ship out of us. I emailed the guy
saying that I had bid and then noticed the wont ship out of us bit,
offered to pay whatever the shipping was. I won the auction, and send a
us$ money order to the guy. He recieved it (it took a while but it got
there) and then sent me the package, he had to send it lower class
shipping than origonally planed (underestimating cost of shipping) but
it got here. I restate what I said in an earlier message, that if you
can get a money order in the local currency and you offer to pay for
shipping at whatever the cost of that is then you should be able to
convince sellers to ship to you, unless they have a specific wish
otherwise.