 General / 18043
Re: Why do so many people say "I will only ship to the us"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 7 May 2000 19:34:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Why do so many people say "I will only ship to the us" in auctions,
sales, trades etc?

    The reason why I only ship to the US is because I know how much everything
will cost. I know that all sets under 2 lbs will cost $3.20 to ship which
helps me to reply to my customers faster, which makes the transaction quicker.
If I had to ship internationally I would have to go to the post office, (which
is a 1/2 hour away from my home) everytime I got an international to get a
price estimate, and I would have to go again to actually ship the item which
has already cost me 2 hours. Its not worth it for me.
   For example, if somebody from Germany ordered a $20 set from Brickfan, I
would have to go to the Post office twice and back just to complete the order.
2 hours is a long time for me to waste just for $20. But if it was a US buyer
all I have to do is go downstairs, get the set, and put it in a Priority box.

-Rich
Looking for discontinued sets MISB?
http://www.brickfan.bigstep.com