 General / 16894
  What's your LEGO Specialty?

I was just browsing and noticed one LUGNETter asking another "what is your LEGO Specialty?" I thought this might be an interesting question to ask the whole group. So, what is YOUR LEGO specialty? Mine is collecting individual elements, building (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

Great topic! My Lego specialty would be classic Space first. I owned every space set available where I lived in 1978-1980 and gave them to the younger brother of a girlfriend when I was in college (I definitely was not thinking with the correct (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) Castle, baby, castle. Nothin' else doin. :) I'll occaisionally mess around with other stuff, but I always come back to the castle stuff. James (URL) getting paid for this --> alladvantage.com Sign up via me, the reference $$ go to fund Lugnet. (24 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) I'm a set collector... I just want one of everything :) I started with castle, though i must say i'm disapointed with the 2000 stuff... I moved on to MT and train, now space and weird parts... but I won't be happy until i have one of every (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

Like Jennifer, I too am a collector. I just like to have lots and lots of sets. My primary tastes in designing seem to be Technic and Space, and recently I've begun dabbling in trains and sculpture (a la Eric Harschbarger, but on a much smaller (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) Good question, excellent topic, and good distinction (I sense that when we say specialty we are distinguishing from "what is your favorite theme"). Although wags might say mine is stirring up trouble, I personally see myself as having a (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.general) !

Wayne R Hussey skrev i meddelandet ... (...) Virtual LEGO (See sig.) -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) I'm Probably more like Jennifer Boger. I want at least one of everything. Maybe someday. After that, well, Somedays I would say that I want to utilize minifigs for Fantasy RPG, but now I realize only if I run a world that only has halflings in (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

Space sets are my passion. Specifically, M-tron. My customized M-tron commandos will rule the galaxy one day.... ; ) I've also discovered the joys of model building and mech building and will be combining the three joys into one very shortly. I, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) commandos (...) space (...) Garage... just the garage... if you think that's all it will take over, get out now, while you still can, and sell all your stuff to me, ;-) /JK. Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) Wow ! a great conversation starter among AFOLs...Amazing how a simple question can generate some great conversation... My specialties vary and occasionally rotate through themes and projects... I like to focus on a variety of projects (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) Trust me, compared to the 'closet' I'm in now, the garage will be a pleasant change. (24 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) Right now, building cars and trucks is my specialty. Occassionally, I throw together a spaceship, but usually I am more inspired by things I see in real life. My current project (which I need more time to get started on/work on) is a Delorean (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) One I forgot to mention is hacking around with the various graphics tools like MLCad, LDLite and POVRay. Although I do it primarily to support other activities, I enjoy it as well... Some people have been answering this with "here's my fave (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) (In the interests of being more specific) My specialty would be creating "realistic" minifig scale fortresses, keeps, and castles. Realistic in terms of having all the services, rooms and so forth that such structures would have had, and (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) Trains and mecanical constructions. Especially the more complex ones, like my coal unloader (6 controls, all operated via mindstorms) So, I am a gadget boy. Lots of neat past creations, including a semi-auto transmission (it changed gears, but (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

At the moment, I'm into building cities. Here is my web page which shows off my two most recent, and largest ones: (URL) R Hussey <eskimo@uswestmail.net> wrote in message news:Fs5Fx9.MLH@lugnet.com... (...) spanning (...) Fabuland (...) of (...) (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

My speciality is space/futuristic vehicles. I like Star Wars stuff too, and this summer hope to put together a Star Wars base/outpost. I just came out of my Dark Age so I don't have much up yet. You can see what I have at (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) My Lego specialty, hmmm. I'd have to say Star Wars and Castle. Before my dark ages, I was HUGE into Pirates and Space, but have little use for them now. I've collected every available Star Wars set (some a couple times over), and am starting (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) Castle and Techic. I haven't built much castle stuff recenetly. Just been playing around with some minifigs. The technic side is a little more odd. I like to create models of antique farm machinery. My most recent creation is a model of Frick (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) Fabuland (...) Larry made a good point, and I finally read it. The above answers my favorite THEMES, my specialty is creating minifig-scale Star Wars vehicles that have not been done yet. I made a killer Outrider; too bad I broke it down and (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

I would have to say that my LEGO specialty would display. Sound weird? I love mixing instruction created sets and MOC's to make large dioramas. I just hope that My wife continues letting me use this much space when we have children... Play Well! EC (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

To All, I guess I will join in the responses here. I don't know for sure what would be my LEGO specialty. I love collecting, building, sorting, even selling and trading sometimes. Although lately, mostly what I have been doing is buying and selling. (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) My lego specialty is making small, minifig sized robots and droids without using minifig parts. I try to make small droids with all the same movements, or more, as minifigs. I've been doing this for about four years now. These small droids are (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) Great question! Mine is building realistic Town buildings with all the appropriate details... often from photos or drawings of a real building. However, recently I have been being seduced by pirates, so the house is full of books on model (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) Oooh, good question. Kudos humongos, or some other flippantly misspelled term of approbation. ;) (...) Hmmm...well, I have three specialties, really, and in the spirit of those who have answered non-LEGO-thematically, I will instead answer (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) My main area of interest is building (modeling) real life items, or my own interpretations of real life items (especially aircraft), in the style of "Model Team" (90% looks and detail, 10% functions) from technifig to microfig scale. (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) My specialty would seem to be buying and sorting (and figuring out efficient ways to stack all the boxes which I haven't sorted yet because I'm too busy buying more...). Oh, and occaisional washing parties... When it comes to actual play, my (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) Good point. From that aspect, beyond my apparent specialty in buying (which I do certainly enjoy, it has been a factor in just about every hobby I have ever participated in), another specialty would definitely be community building. I also (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) think, (...) TOWN) (...) a couch (...) Yes, Larry has really hit the point here, even though I thought that I had come close to it in an earlier response. Even though my earliest memories include Lego, and even though the Train bug bit me at (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) What's my specialty......... 1) Sharing the colorful early history of LEGO with the LUGNET community. I don't know it all, but I know enough people (mostly Europeans) who collectively know it all. And for me it is very satisfying to help (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) We don't need to get Steve Jackson to come if I can make it. Assuming I get weasel the charts out of Steve, I think I would be quite capable of running the pirate game (it's even possible I have more stuff than Steve now, I'm not sure since he (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  charts for Steve Jackson's Pirate Game (was "Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?")

(...) Steve will be here in Atlanta this year for Dragon*Con [1], and is supposed to run his Pirate Game. I'll be there to help him. I'll try to get some extra copies of the GM Charts from him. Thanks, Franklin [1] -- See "(URL) for details. (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) Several actually. They are: - building virtual models in MLCad - 4-wide fire / rescue apparatus - parts trading I also have plans to branch out into other areas. Some projects that are floating around in my head include a minifig scale (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) is (...) Wow, sounds good to me. But let's invite him anyway. Lot's of people would love to meet him, (including me... I need a job sometime next year when my military retirement hits.... hint hint.. errr.... ) No, really, it would be great to (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

Nice topic :) I'd say my specialty is in making accurate models in minifig scale. I typically spend awhile collecting pictures, descriptions, close-ups of whatever I'm considering, and then attempt to make a no-compromises rendition of it to scale (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) Hmm. So I'm not the only AFOL who came out of the Dark Ages to get into Mindstorms, but then got sidetracked into non-robotic lego. Being a computer scientist by trade, the programming of Mindstorms doesn't faze me, but I have trouble with (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) Kerry, my timeline is somewhat similar to yours. My father had bought me mainly Lego as a child, back in the 1960's. Lots of windows and doors and lattice fencing and basic bricks meant lots of ... houses,apartments and dwellings. Exciting (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) Only Lego Dacta, the educational product line, still has the following sets with pneumatic parts: Set #9609 / Technology Resource Set / 1733 pieces / $230.50 (excellent set of all Technic mechanical parts); Set #9617 / Pneumatics I: (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

I'll join the crowd of replies... (...) I enjoy castle as a theme, but nonthematically my specialties are minifig design (although I don't rank near the amazing designers, like craigo or Richard M), woving stories around the minifigs and connecting (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) ~ my specialty is unique custom 'figs that cause double takes wherever they go, and building the unexpected. great thread, wayne! later ~ craig~ (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

I like to make original creations that do not exist in real life as an artistic/engineering exercise. This has been somewhat of a hinderence because there is nothing to compare them to. (Unlike almost everything else on Lugnet. I did like the (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) I agree with everyone else, this IS a great topic! It was Paradisa because those were the first sets I actually allowed myself to keep. (The rest I would buy because they were great, then end up giving as gifts to nephews because I felt silly (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What's your LEGO Specialty?

(...) Very good question. Mine is themeing and landscaping. All my LEGO sets, regardless of theme, are being placed into a large LEGO city I am working on with my nephew. Non-Town themed items are placed in one of two theme parks in my city. Town (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)