 General / 14057
14056  |  14058
Subject:
Who documents rtl? (Was: Who oversees the rec.toys.LEGO newsgroup?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 17:29:17 GMT

Gary Istok wrote:
I agree with Todd, it's why I left RTL in 1999.  The Mad Hatter was the final
straw.

Man, now I gotta go back into deja.com and see how stupid someone had to be to
completely alienate someone as smart and creative as Gary.

Which leads me to wonder...  As alt.forlklore.urban and some other usenet
groups had people taking notes of "who was legendary in this inane thing, who
was brain-damaged in that" (1), has anyone kept such a list for rec.toys.lego
?  I'm not suggesting to Name The Names Who Shan't Be Named in LUGNET; it just
seems to me that there are so many, erm, colorful characters who have polluted
rtl just in the past five years -- characters who, in another five years,
would make people chuckle and shake their heads in disbelief and tell stories
horriffic of to their children when they misbehave.

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  And thusly had given me much entertaining reading during accounting
class...  :-,

Change is good, but you can't keep it in your pockets forever.