 General / 14039
Re: Who oversees the rec.toys.LEGO newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 01:26:38 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message ...
In lugnet.general, Richard Marchetti writes:
[...]
I don't use profanity here on Lugnet largely because Todd insists on it • and
not because I agree with this policy -- which I don't, I think its silly.

It's hardly silly at all, actually...  It may be unfortunate for some,
perhaps, but it's a completely sound logical decision nonetheless.  And
it actually has nothing whatsoever to do with personal preferences[1] or
worrying whether kids[2] are reading.

The reason is simple:  The excessive gutter language and flamewars in RTL • is
what drove many good people away (in frustration, horror, disbelief, etc.)
during 1994-1998.  I could name at least ten who specifically left at • various
times as a result of uncivilities amplified by unnecessary obsceneties.

Ok, name them.