 General / 14336
Re: Mad Hatter and RTL (Was Re: Who documents rtl?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 20:30:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, Paul Baulch wrote:

[snipped interesting analysis and color commentary of Mad Hatter bruhaha]

I must have missed parts/most of the Mad Hatter thing.  I don't think I did, but
I must have.  I feel the Mandroid mess was way worse than the Mad Hatter mess.

I am giving up rec.toys.lego. More recently, there have been certain
off-topic cross-posts (i.e. spam) of an offensive nature (one was racist and
another seems to have been pornographic). Neither this sort of thing nor the
flamewars/profanity bother me[1]. I'm just sick of the overwhelming
proportion of market-related posts. IMO they should have made
rec.toys.lego.marketplace and I'm still baffled as to why they didn't.

FYI, there has always been spam of various types posted to RTL.  RTL has just
been fortunate to have readers with proper authority to (quickly) cancel the
spam.

Steve