 General / 14091
Re: Who oversees the rec.toys.LEGO newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 02:37:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley writes:
Really it all comes down to respect.  Whether it is respect for Todd and his
rules or respect for someone elses opinion we all deserve it.  For me respect
is something you lose not something you have to gain.  I will respect anyone
and their views until they do something to lose that respect.  This may be
because I am an optimist or because I am to trusting but that is how I feel.

Eric Kingsley

You certainly are more optimistic than me. I think respect is something that
has to be earned, either by actions or attitude or both. In my industry, and
even within my company I come across a lot of people who are less than
competent to perform their duties or make important decisions. These people
tend to use the "I'm the boss that's why" argument. Whilst you are compelled
to comply because they are the boss, they certainly don't gain any respect as
the boss.

Pete Callaway