 General / 14056
Re: What is Microfig?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.faq
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 17:15:39 GMT

Timothy Culberson wrote:
I actually do know what microfig scale is...

There's an embryonic FAQ item on this very subject:

http://www.lugnet.com/faq/?n=380

...If you can get past the HTML formatting...  :-,

actually before I heard
anyone on here talk about microfig scale I was building microfig
spaceships (can I like, claim rights to this or something) etc....

Claim rights to the models you've created, sure!  As for the term, I have no
idea who coined it.  Someone on rtl or LUGNET, I'm sure.

Does anyone know who came up with the term "microfig"?

Also are there any exclusive/large web sites
dedicated to micro?

Some more:

http://home.austin.rr.com/prj/PLSCP.html

http://www.etymon.org/kn/swmicro.html

http://www.io.com/~jsproat/lego/microfig/index.html

http://www.mindspring.com/~gregw/microfig.html

...as well as tons of stuff in lugnet.cad.dat and lugnet.cad.dat.models .

Cheers,
- jsproat

Change is good, but you can't keep it in your pockets forever.