Re: Castle World is dead.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 02:55:34 GMT

First of all, I get the general impression that CW is supposed to be freeform,
fun-oriented system, am I right?  That's great.  Though Starship has a more
defined system of play, I think this approach would work well for a
castle-themed game.  However, if you really wanted to, CW might mirror Starship:
an overall Game Mediator controls travel between "Realms" and individual people
administer individual Realms.  This system doesn't even need a square-grid map.
(I've seen this idea suggested before, and I really liked it.  So I "re-present"
it.)

I proposed the square-grid map. Im the one trying to get a whole starship-thing
going. Ive already got rules that are re-written- just not on the site.

Your "administrating realms" sounds like a good idea. You travel out, and what
you have explored is your realm, and you build and adventure in it, and travel
out, etc.

Great idea, youve helped me out alot! It would still require a grid-map, but it
helps my "town building" section.

Aramir son of Deremir