Re: Castle World is dead.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 18:12:49 GMT

   My own laziness is an issue that is being addressed with the new proposal that Pawel and I are working on. Why Pawel? Because it was his baby to begin with. Why not you, Sava? Well, as seen from the previous post you can be a little dictatorial and I don’t care for that quality in a person. Pawel and I have worked out a solution that allows expansive autonomy for individuals, groups, whomever wants to participate. The only reason I am going to maintain a hand in it at all is to make sure no one person or group messes up what others are doing.

I disagree deeply here. I’ve talked a bit with anthony, and have read his posts closely. I think he has been working extensively to keep as many people in the mix as possible.

Both him and I have been very open about our ideas about CW and where to take it. When I posted my proposed plan of action, and the follow-up a week later, I specifically asked for your opinion. You and Pawel have taken this off lugnet to discuss, and I feel *that* is very undemocratic.

Anthony’s proposal for a Committee, an open invitation for anyone who has been active in castle within the past SIX MONTHS, is extremely democratic and inclusive.

I think such a groundless accusation is as divisive as anything else.

I think Anthony’s point about your posts in off-topic is a valid one; yes, you can do with your time what you like - but then give reigns to people willing to devote time and attention.

Lastly, I think different castle projects, such as CastleWorld, Castle Builders’ Guild (Mine and Ben E’s custom castle site) and the 3CS (a standard to aid with displays) all benefit from each-other and do not in the least lead to divisive ness. Of course having so many different projects can be confusing, but that’s a different issue.

I think, in the very least, everyone who responded to anthony’s call for a CW committee should be included in the discussion of what CW will be.

-Lenny

ps, i got your email, and will reply later today. ;o)

   Pawel and I have taken the babble of ideas from the bazaar back to the cathedral with us, there we have refined those same ideas for re-release back to the bazaar.

I am sorry that you see this as an “us v them” thing, and that you intend on taking everyone here with you. That seems divisive to me and I hope that others disagree that there is an “us v them” situation here, there is only an us and no them at all. Why you would act to divide the participants in this newsgroup is a move beyond all reason in my estimation.

I am going to continue refining the proposal Pawel and I are working on for release to this community. If members of this community choose not to participate, then that is everyone’s loss.

Minor Digression: The last time the site was updated was actually almost a year ago -- 10-27-02, 8:44 PM. When I took it over, it was really and truly dead. I have done nothing of importance with the site until but very recently when interest was naturally regenerated in this community. I am still unsure of how to proceed with CW, not in itself, but because of some of the other projects under discussion and because I do not want CW to compete for energy with those other projects. I have said as much elswhere -- I want to pull us together, not tear us apart. I have made public requests of the other project coordinators to let us know what they had in the works so that we wouldn’t be stepping on anyone else’s toes (see: http://news.lugnet.com/castle/org/cw/?n=1770). I wanted to give full support to ideas like CCC, even if that meant putting CW on a back burner. End Digression.

As it stands. I think Pawel and I will just put our revamped CW idea out there and let the bazaar choose where they will put their energies.

I don’t care what you do on your own, Sava. Create whatever project you wish. Take whomever you want with you. I am not the boss of you as you are not the boss of me. I have no idea why calling for a little patience is so taxing to you, we are not on a schedule after all...at least, I am not.

If something seems amiss, you need to reread the first line of this post.

-- Hop-Frog