Re: Nominations for the Castle World Committee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2003 20:12:18 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Benjamin Medinets wrote:

   I think the above system is fair and democratic. I let my name stand for nomination. I second the above names, plus Benjamin Ellerman. I also nominate Matt Hein, the co-curator of Lugnet.Castle, who is responsible for setting up at least 50% of the side-bar, and its content. There were times when I was busy with work and stuff, and he’s been very dependable for the majority of the time. He also makes some very nice creations, and he has published a few interesting stories.

I’m unsure on whether I would want to let my name stand for nomination, though. Considering if someone were to second my name, with the lack of time I have to follow community events, I feel I might be ineffective in that position. 1

However, I would be interested in contributing behind the scenes or supplying ideas where they are needed, (through email, most likely) If anyone needs ideas, I probably have a few of interest to share.

I haven’t read much into discussion, so these ideas may sound reiterative, just to say in advance.

The first would be standards in which the castle guild would sell their models. Now, what do we want in a model? Should it match to the system I use to write weekly reviews, or a seperate governing system? If the former, we would want an equal balance between the aesthetic qualities

model and structural integrity parts assortment, function, color, alternate models.

or with the latter, a balance between its qualities?

Another question: would guild models have to adhere to the castle city standard? Logically, I think they should. Or, you can sell models in two classifications, conforming models and accent models (which aren’t compatible, but look great on any display.)

Can outside parties contribute to the castle guild? Perhaps a sort of submission standard should be set, and a small moderation committee to check the integrity of those presented models. From my impression, sets would be made to order and shipped out by the guild. (the designer would receive a small commission for designing the set, and the guild would profit to fund future community projects, whatever they may be.)

Well, those are my guesses on the subject, so take them as they are worth.

Osprey, over and out

M.Aaron Hein

http://www.lugnet.com/~1112/Creations/

[1] Other projects, such as my writings, artistry (drawing) poetry, personal occupations, lego and the need to be on the field otherwise stray me from a lot of the discussion. I know, priorities, priorities...however, I’m poised to buy a mobile office soon, so that’a a nice thought.