Re: Nominations for the Castle World Committee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 04:50:27 GMT

All:

We need to go a little more slowly on this stuff at the moment. There’s some background issues that have come up and need to be resolved before moving forward. Whereas I thought the hosting issue was settled, I haven’t been able to gain FTP access to CW lately. The ozbricks admin has been contacted, but no reply has been returned.

As always, the enthusiasm for the subject of CW is appreciated and shared by me. I know that I don’t participate as much as I should in these newsgroups, or so it may seem. But I am here -- plugging away in the far off background.

But here’s the good news...

Pawel (CW founder) and I (current CW Admin) have distilled some of the ideas from previous discussions and combined them with the hard lessons learned, and resulting wisdom achieved, by the previous CW efforts. A new CW proposal is forthcoming that will hopefully please many. If I could sum up the proposal we are hashing out with a single word, that word would be: “autonomy.” People with leadership potential -- like Sava -- will find a place to flourish if they choose to participate. I encourage those so inclined to consider the kinds of stories they’d like to create or participate in, and to sort out the castle regulars with whom they’d like to collaborate. Just let it slide around in your head for a while.

More when the aforementioned background issues are sorted out. I caution others to not put the cart before the horse. I would hate for the enthusiasm to be short-circuited again. We need to all join hands and show a little patience just for a little while longer. We all want it to work out this time -- AND I think it will.

You’ll see...

XO

-- Hop-Frog

P.S. to Lenny: Hey, did you get my private email to you?