Subject:
Castle World is dead.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 07:27:32 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Richard Marchetti wrote:
All:

We need to go a little more slowly on this stuff at the moment. There's some
background issues that have come up and need to be resolved before moving
forward.  Whereas I thought the hosting issue was settled, I haven't been
able to gain FTP access to CW lately.  The ozbricks admin has been contacted,
but no reply has been returned.

As always, the enthusiasm for the subject of CW is appreciated and shared by
me. I know that I don't participate as much as I should in these newsgroups,
or so it may seem. But I am here -- plugging away in the far off background.

But here's the good news...

Pawel (CW founder) and I (current CW Admin) have distilled some of the ideas
from previous discussions and combined them with the hard lessons learned,
and resulting wisdom achieved, by the previous CW efforts.  A new CW proposal
is forthcoming that will hopefully please many. If I could sum up the
proposal we are hashing out with a single word, that word would be:
"autonomy."  People with leadership potential -- like Sava -- will find a
place to flourish if they choose to participate.  I encourage those so
inclined to consider the kinds of stories they'd like to create or
participate in, and to sort out the castle regulars with whom they'd like to
collaborate. Just let it slide around in your head for a while.

More when the aforementioned background issues are sorted out.  I caution
others to not put the cart before the horse.  I would hate for the enthusiasm
to be short-circuited again.  We need to all join hands and show a little
patience just for a little while longer.  We all want it to work out this
time -- AND I think it will.

You'll see...

XO

-- Hop-Frog

P.S. to Lenny: Hey, did you get my private email to you?

Richard, I'm sorry.  This is not going to be a nice post.  I've done my best to
vent this elsewhere but I will not hold it back any longer.

How much more slowly do you wish to go Richard?  Look at the Castle World
website.  The last update was when?

October 29, 2001.

2001!!

What background issues must be worked out?  There are no more background issues
with Castle World!  It's dead!

Read this post.  These are your words Richard -

http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=17706

You were ready to pawn off Castle World to the first person who stood in line.
And now that people are interested in ressurecting it, you aren't willing to let
go.  You even said it yourself, even IF someone got a hold of the admin
position, you still wanted admin level control of the website.  Sounds like a
good gig, letting someone else do the work and having total control over what
they've done.

I love Pawel like a brother.  He helped walk me through the construction of my
black dragon Tel'Karak.  I liked all the old Castle World originators.

But Pawel is gone now Mrs. Torrence.  He left.  He may have been lurking all
this time, but he hasn't posted except when Castle World is discussed.  Lurking
doesn't make us owe someone anything.

And now all of a sudden BOTH of you are involved in remaking Castle World?

I find that laughable at best.  If you haven't been able to do a single update
in two years, how can we expect you to have the dedication to keep it up?

Working in the background Richard?  Working in Lugnet.Off-Topic.  Search for
your name in all of Lugnet.  For the past three months the only places you'll
find your name ANYWHERE outside of the Castle World discussion is somewhere in
Off-Topic, mainly in .debate, and mainly discussing things that have absolutely
NOTHING to do with LEGO, nevermind Castle.

Every time anyone has tried take a step forward, you take us two steps back.

I'm tired Richard, so very tired.

I don't care who you give the CW admin position to, if you ever leave.

I am officially looking into creating an entirely new website, one for the
castle community, not for a museum.  A place where anyone can come in and share
their knowledge for the rest of the group.

I do that anyway.  I get at least an email a day from a young LEGO Castle Fan
asking about tips and techniques for stories and MOC construction.  Why not put
it into a physical form?

And I'll take the nominees for the CWC if they want to come.

Castle World was a great website.  WAS.  It could still be.  But I'm tired of
this running around.

It's time to fish or cut bait.

You want to prove yourself Richard?  Great!  Prove yourself.  Resurrect Castle
World, and I'll be on board.

Otherwise, enjoy your museum job.

--Anthony, who doesn't care if you flame him, so take your best shot.