Re: Nominations for the Castle World Committee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 01:25:26 GMT

Hi all,

Just a couple of cents from someone outside the conversation. It seems like there are various different groups here:

1. Admins of the old Castle World. Maybe this is dead, maybe this will come back. Who knows?

2. People who want to admin a new Castle World.

3. People involved in creating building standards for marketplace, town. Mostly this applies to group showings such as Brickfest etc.

4. People involved in designing and selling custom sets.

5. People (including myself) who display MOCs and stories independantly of the above either on their own sites or places like Brickshelf, MOCPages, etc.

It seems there is no reason to debate any of this. The web is a completely democratic medium where an infinite number of sites can co-exist. If your site is well designed and has good content (and is well advertised), it will find an audience. Perhaps the new “Castle World” should have a different name to avoid some sort of copyright infringement, but otherwise who cares if there are two? All of these things can be linked here at .castle, and good sites build eachother up rather than conflict. If the issue is some free server space on ozbricks, well, there’s a lot of server space out there, some free, some for a nominal fee. Brickshelf will host images for anyone, and so all you really need is a small amount of space to host html. So, to all, and with great respect, stop your yappin’ and start your doin’. I’ve heard more chatter back and forth about what should be done about Isle of Mist or Castle World or whatever, when all of that creative energy could have been spent on building a newer and better site, or, perhaps more happily, doing real-world building with blocks of plastic. Remember those?