 Castle / 4000 (+100)
  Re: Favorite castles?

(...) I'd have to say 6080 King's Castle. I have wanted it since I was five years old, and it is on my list of "must haves". I think I like it because it reminds me of real castles more than any other. :) It is closely followed by 6081. It was the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Favorite castles?

(...) Now that I have YC, it's my favorite. It's made of sandstone, and it has lots of troops. Not just heroes, but regular guys. And I think it has high playabilty, and parts you can't get anywhere else. Plus I just like the way it looks. Those big (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Check out my cool castle

<snip> That sounds great... too bad I can't see .dat files! :-( Now, can you send me a pic or a rendering? Otherwise, I'll just be bummed because I wanna see what you have there! -Shiri (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My latest monsterpiece...

(...) Hey, no prob. I enjoyed seeing your castle! (...) Sounds great! Too bad there's no pic. (...) Yay! Stories are da best :-) (IMO) (...) I dunno. I have a quick connection so I didn't mind... but other people might. (...) Beats me! I thought it (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Blood Stone Castle completed!

What can I say, Dan rocks..... (...) my (...) have (...) found (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Favorite castles?

Oh, BTW, I messed up my acronym usage a bit. BURP should be spelled CRAPP in my previous post. Don't know how I confused that, they are clearly different things. __Kevin Salm__ (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Favorite castles?

(...) This isn't really a castle , but was a castle like building, the 6071 Forestmens Crossing. I liked it because it came with some weird (to me) pieces, like the bridge and the brown ladder. I was also six years old. Rob (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Check out my cool castle

(...) I think you might want to provide SOME sort of a link to the original if you want people to see it. Perhaps a URL to the post in whatever other group, perhaps this post should have been a follow up, or something. As it is I would have to do a (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Favorite castles?

(...) Hehe, I just got this set today! Gotta admit I love it, the minifigs are really good (wench! Green w/black-armored torso!) The bridge is great (my first!) and the baseplate is even better. I know have two of these BPs and they hook together (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My latest monsterpiece...

You did a great job! The picture of the front of the HQ is very impressive. The way the keep is built into the mountains is great. The waterfall looks wonderful. I really like all the details in the interiors of the structures. The design and (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My latest monsterpiece...

James Brown wrote in message ... (...) stunning (...) my (...) Actually James, the large pictures are the reason me, myself, and I haven't taken a look yet. I don't mind waiting, or downloading, etc., But currently I have VERY little time to blow (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My latest monsterpiece...

(...) Check this out: (URL) are numerous other threads about the topic if you're interested... just check out lugnet.admin.general... :-) HTH! -Shiri (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle discussion

(...) Hey, you'd better xpost this to .castle! Now, I'd be interested in this torture building (if you're going to create it, that is. Are you?)... :-) Anyway, whatever you do, post pictures! And xpost to .castle, because I filter the .loc groups... (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.castle)

  Re: My latest monsterpiece...

James,your castle is fantastic! I particularly loved the details: The cascading waterfall feeding the moat, the bunkbeds, the weapons racks, etc. Loved it! I originally saw your post on the weekend, but my slooooow computer at home was not up to (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More LDRAW renderings

(...) These are some really great renderings. I just thought the .castle folks might be interested in these. I love the action you have incorporated into your renderings. Great Work, Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) My Creations (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.castle)

  Re: My latest monsterpiece...

(...) Thanks! That was one of the "limits" I placed on myself in building - I laid down the first couple layers of mountain (about 2 BURPs worth) before starting any buildings, and I made myself build to fit. (...) Heh... I've got two more chapters (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My latest monsterpiece...

(...) I thought that might be it for a couple people, at least - that's why I put the bandwidth warning in there, so people at least had an idea what was up. When I get the finished web page out, it will have the same format as the rest of my site (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My latest monsterpiece...

(...) Yah. When I do the finished pictures, it'll be lived in. I'm hoping to get to it within the next couple of weeks, pending weather. My schedule is finally calming down after the last little while, so I'll have more time to put into html-ing. (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  New pictures of my Black Falcons

Hi from Germany! Today I've scanned some of my Black Falcon Knights, If you like you can visit them at (URL) René (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons

(...) Rene, I love your knights... the colored knights are really great! The princess is sweet too. I like your magicians a lot! Can you put up a sentence or two in english about them? I'm curious... :-) -Shiri (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons

(...) Aye, an english description would be nice. Great figs, though. I especially like the way you did the different colors for the knights. -Chris (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons

(...) All of the Characters were really cool! Were the different Color Knights symbolizing The Elements, It looked like you had water,earth,fire,Death and wind. Well anyway it was a great site! Later, Cj (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons

(...) I've tried to let translate the names of the figs by babelfish.altavista. But the translator makes very crazy words, or do you know the name "Carriercarriers carrier" ? ;-) It's very difficult for me to translate some special names. But maybe (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons

(...) Yes, that is right. I'm happy that it's so obvious. There are the Keepers of water, Fire, Earth, Life, Death and Air :-) pleased, René (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Non-castle Castles

Here's a question: What non-castle themed set (excluding ninjas) was or is the best "parts set" available for castle related buildings, characters, etc. My vote would have to go to Fort Legoredo, for the sheer amount of log walls and bricks, useful (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons

(...) Of course I won't LOL! I'm an ESLer myself and I know e'zactly what you're going through. I'll try my best to help you out here, I'm not sure I'll get the right stuff either... :-) (...) But of course! He's my favorite, um, carrier. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Non-castle Castles

(...) Well... specific set I don't know, but I'd definitely vote for adventurers as very castle-parts theme. 'Specially the desert subtheme which had supreme quantities of tan bricks. (...) I tend to agree... the Fort is a great set. Too bad I left (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  possible translations (was "Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons")

(...) "...a swordsman..." (...) "...a halberdier..." [?] ("halberd" being the English name for the large pole-axe) (...) "...an axeman..." (Please forgive me, but I had to chuckle when I read "oscillator". I have an oscillating fan atop my desk at (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: possible translations (was "Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons")

(...) How's about geomancer? -Shiri (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: possible translations (was "Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons")

(...) [sigh]... Yes, of course... Excuse me, I have to re-boot my brain now.... [*THWACK*] [*THWACK*] [*THWACK*] There, all better... (Ignore that hole in the wall next to my desk... ;-) Thanks, Franklin (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons

(...) I dont know about you guys but a Bowman Sounds pretty cool! (...) Again Battleknight kind of gives some flavor to just regular old Knight (...) I dont know about conjurers bringing spirits from the dead. I thought a Conjurer could bring about (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: possible translations (was "Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons")

(...) Works for me =] One of these days, all the geomancers of Castle World will have to get together. There are getting to be so many that soon they can form their own faction! Tony P.S. I like the look of surprise on the Necromancer's face. It (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: possible translations (was "Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons")

(...) Well, that's only natural, since I got the idea from you... :-) (...) LOL! I have a wizardess which I haven't decided whether she's a geomancer or a plant-Sorceress (plantmancer? ;-) -Shiri (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: possible translations (was "Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons")

(...) Errr... Hortimancer? =] Druidess might fit well. In fantasy games, they often have control over Earth, Plant, and Animal magic. The Druids in one of the early drafts of my Lego wargame could cast Earth magic. Tony (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: possible translations (was "Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons")

(...) Thanks! Druidess would really be a good title for her... -Shiri (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Non-castle Castles

(...) Aye, the Adventurers desert subtheme is great for tan bricks, as well as jewels for the royal treasury. ;) (...) for (...) Didn't notice the 2x2x2, I can't believe I missed it! Finally the common womenfolk of the village don't have to wear (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Non-castle Castles

(...) For the latter, belville is also great. I occasionally buy some BV and my jewel collection is now vast and diverse... :-) Oh, dang, that reminds me... I promised some jewels a looooong time ago, I should probably send them out... Sorry, (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons

(...) Battle Magician = Battle Mage, Battle Wizzard Implorer = Judging from the snake in his hand I'd guess he calls and controls creatures. So maybe Summoner? Chris (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  My website is operational

I'd just like to let everyone know that my website is finally up and working. I'd really like all of you to check it out and tell me what you think. This is the address: (URL) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Non-castle Castles

(...) One of my personal favorites for parts is the SW Sith Infiltrator set. It's got a great variety of grey and dark grey pieces and the Darth Maul fig is widely used in castle MOCs. Also, I like the Adventurers River Expedition for parts. Bill (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Thank you for translation! (Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons)

Thanks to all of the good translations. I think I know how the figures will be called in English: pic1: "Longsword" - It's a swordsman with a long sword. He belongs to a company which is called "Longswords" because of their long swords. "Halberdier" (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

(...) Nice website! I like how you built Grim's scythe. The Spectre has two fishes on his weapon, from which set they are? On the skeletton warriors: Try to put the spanish helmets from the last Pirate themes on the skeletts - it looks pretty cool! (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Gathering of the Wise (was Re: possible translations)

(...) Well, it's not just for geomancers, but I've mentioned the "Gathering of the Wise" once or twice, and I would eventually like to do it for CW. It's sort of like an annual* convention for wizards, sages, sorcerors, philosophers, and other (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Thank you for translation! (Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons)

In lugnet.castle, René Hoffmeister writes: <snip> (...) Well, that's not what my dictionary says... Yeoman: "An attendant, a servant, or a lesser official in a royal or noble household. A yeoman of the guard. (1) A petty officer performing chiefly (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

(...) I love it, all of it! Your minifigs/characters are tres chic, I really like Vincent, the Lone Falcon and Electra, not to mention the elementals! I like the way you use torsos and heads from various themes to get desired effects... I must say I (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

I must say I was greatly amused by your cannon-bearing dragons and also by the (...) I was wondering if anyone would notice that, but it was pretty obvious. I used the torso-flipping technique on Titan to get an all brown torso. I think I will do (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

(...) It's not so much that it was obvious... it just stood out to me personally. :-) (...) Glad to help! I'm using the same technique myself quite a bit and will be using it even more as I create my WP and FM armies... (Thank goodness Town has (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Non-castle Castles

(...) Fort Legoredo is good, but I also like "Boulder Cliff Canyon". It has BURPs, those grey diagonal pieces, the boulder pieces, a tree stump, etc. For a small set, I like "Rain Dance Ridge" for the grey pieces, and the blue tile. "Bandit's Secret (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

Great job! I really like the various structures. Can we see more pictures of the main castle (like a long shot)? I like the layought and highlite pictures at the top of each page. I had a hard time seeing the links though. On my browser, they come (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

(...) There's not that many pictures of the castle because it's not yet completed, but I am further along on it than I was when I took the pictures, and I will consider taking more pics of it. I like the layought and highlite pictures at the top of (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

(...) One Word WOW! those characters were really cool! Characters are my favorite! The Black Dragons were cool And the juggernauts looked very imposing! I have one question though were the Dragon Lancers Part of the black Dragons? I liked the way (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

(...) Although the dragons are green, the Dragon Lancers are part of the Black Dragons. Part of the reason is because I only have one black dragon. (Wasn't too excited about the Fright Nights line of sets) I liked the way you mixed a little (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

(...) Is this your own group? Or are you referring to the Black Knights? -Shiri (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

(...) Oops, where's my brain. I must be on crack. Of course it's your own group, I just saw the 2 seconds ago. -Shiri (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Non-castle Castles

I noticed that a number of people posted info regarding tan pieces. One set I found to be an excellent source of tan pieces is the Shanghai Surprise Ninja Set. It has 6 2x4 tan bricks and 4 1x6 tan bricks. How many small sets do you know have 6 (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle discussion

(...) Since I don't have access to most of my Lego, I've got to go a little smaller scale. Tonight, I finished sorting what I do have, so I've got a sense of my "resources". I'm going to build what is sometimes referred to as a "Knight's Castle". (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.castle)

  Town Wall

Hi folks! Because of having a problem with my FTP there had still been the old version of my homepage online. Now the new one is realy online. There is a picture of a town wall I will (hopefully) extend during the next time with houses for people, (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Town Wall

In lugnet.castle, Joachim Probst writes: <snip> (...) Joachim, I really like your wall system quite a bit. All the modular city/town walls that have been appearing are all very interesting. I especially like how you used castle wall pieces without (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  yeoman? (was "Re: Thank you for translation!")

(...) [snip] (...) According to my understanding of medieval history in England, a yeoman was a peasant farmer who wasn't a serf. What's a serf? Well, a serf was a peasant farmer who was tied to the land, but was otherwise free, as opposed to a (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

(...) Hey! I recognize those fire markers! :-D Cool execution all around! *Excellent* use of those "useless" UFO minifig torsos and heads (that I ordinarily hate so much; I never would have imagined...)! Two thumbs up! ;-) Franklin (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Town Wall

(...) Accually he used a large amount of grey bricks, which you cant see in the pictures but which you can see if you look at the dat files. Castle pieces without windows have never been made by TLG. (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: possible translations (was "Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons")

(...) maybe druid? :) Dan (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: possible translations (was "Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons")

(...) Well, a druid was *originally* (before D&D got ahold of it) a Celtic priest/wise man. The whole "treehugging nature guy" stuff was invented by Gygax. (Read some of the Irish tales to get a better idea of what druids really did - I highly (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Thank you for translation! (Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons)

(...) Perhaps "Freeman" or "Mercenary" (if he hires himself out to fight for others) would be better? (...) From www.dictionary.com: 1. A gallant or chivalrous man, especially one serving as escort to a woman of high social position; a gentleman. 2. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Thank you for translation! (Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons)

(...) I have a question about this fellow. Is he able to bring these small animals to him from some distance away? If not, he wouldn't be a summoner. If he can just control the animals and tell them what to do, I'd call him an Enchanter. Jeff (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: possible translations (was "Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons")

(...) I think you mean "abjurer".(1) :) This was a word *long* before TSR came about, and even if they redefined it, it isn't copyrighted or trademarked. :) (...) Well, "implore" means beg, so maybe René meant "command"? Like I said in a previous (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

(...) The fish (or dolphins) are decorative elements from many of the Ninja sets with buildings. I concur, Grim's scythe is great! Tony (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

(...) your characters were well designed and creative, especially the elementals. Leviathan (and I don't mean whale, Shiri =] ) is great! I've been trying to come up with a good figure for a water elemental and you hit the nail on the head. Also, we (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Question: 6091/6098

Can someone please tell me if the instruction book that comes with King Leo's Castle set number 6091 is actually the instruction book for 6098 (the equivalent set sold in the rest of the world)? Thanks, Grahame (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Question: 6091/6098

(...) Well, both are the same... it was realized around here that TLC somehow mixed up the numbers, all the sets labelled 6091 had instructions with 6098 and the catalog numbers are somewhat confused. However, the two sets are supposed to be (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Question: 6091/6098

(...) Thanks Shiri. I have the set 6098. Quite often in the past when the same set has two numbers, the instruction book shows both numbers on the front cover (for example, 4801/4811). Looks like someone made a mistake with set number 6091 when the (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: possible translations (was "Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons")

(...) <snip> (...) LOL... I love the Greek mythologies but the one thing I don't get is: The citizens all believed in the prophets, so why the heck did they think they could change what the prophets said would happen?! (e.g. Titan and Zues, Oedipus (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: possible translations (was "Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons")

(...) Hubris? 8) The belief that by knowing the future they will be able to change it? Actually, it's kind of interesting to think that, for example, the whole Oedipus thing happened *because* his father knew of the prophecy and reacted the way he (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: possible translations (was "Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons")

(...) Well, one way or another, they were guillible and stupid <grin, duck, run from lightning bolts>... (...) Or maybe the message is "it's gonna happen one way or another, so don't try and interfere with Fate". Not that I believe in that. -Shiri (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Heraldry for future sets:

I was looking at the emblem on the front of a Pontiac the other day and thought that it would look great as an insignia for castle armor or shields. Then it reminded me of the old Yellow Castle insignia (the Pontiac kept saying "remember the old (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Heraldry for future sets:

(...) Wellz, zeeing me don't knowz what the Pontiac'z emblem lookz like.... I couldn't zay... ;-) Zo, what *doez* it look like? (...) Well... I try to take the name a bit further than the immediate animal, and focus more on the connotation... for (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Heraldry for future sets:

(...) Oh, there are plenty of names you could have for the Bulls. The Brahma Brigade, the Sterling Steers, the Cattlemen, Los Hombres del Toros... the list goes on and on. If someone was really ambitious, and used the Bulls as the center of their (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Heraldry for future sets:

(...) Here it iz, check it out: (URL) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Heraldry for future sets:

Matthew Wilkins <mwilkins@nospam.nai.com> wrote in message news:FsKE83.9qC@lugnet.com... (...) different (...) better (...) shields. (...) up (...) list (...) Too funny! You don't mind if I use that sometime, do you? Paul Davidson (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Heraldry for future sets:

(...) meaning to the phrase "we build excitement." Chris -- Remove the nospam machine name in my email address to send a personal reply. (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Heraldry for future sets:

Shiri, Here you go (For the Pontiac Symbol!) (URL) S. -- Scott E. Sanburn Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> (URL) Page -> (URL) Soon: The Sanburn Systems Company (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Heraldry for future sets:

(...) I wouldn't mind seeing some non-animal blazons again. I always kind of liked the one that was bordure azure, divided per pale gules and argent. Nice and simple. (Hmm...maybe I ought to write up the heraldic blazons for the LEGO shields as an (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons

(...) Almost sounds like the colors of Magic: the Gathering. Blue: Islands Red: Mountains Green: Forest Yellow: Multicolored Gold Black: Swamps White: Plains Only 15 more posts to go...*sigh* (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Heraldry for future sets:

(...) simple. (...) I'm going to take a wild stab and say this is the Knight's Procession heraldry? Tony (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons

(...) Also a side note: Magic: the Gathering has it's own Keepers, all Female Wizards (as they are classified in Magic). Keeper of the Mind (Blue) Keeper of the Flames (Red) Keeper of the Beasts (Green) Keeper of the Dead (Black) Keeper of the Light (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  My forestmen loss

OK, I know some people out there have lost much more during their dark ages... I just feel like bickering so if you don't mind... I'll proceed now... When I was six and a half, I moved (back) to Israel from Kansas, US. The first set I got in Israel (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: possible translations (was "Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons")

(...) Its an eternal question: "By knowing the future, will I be able to change it, or in knowing the future, will I cause it to happen?" Its interesting to realise that the only way to know which one is true is to wait for it the future to arrive. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My forestmen loss

(...) Oh no! I sympathize with you... But if it makes you feel any better, I have a post-Dark Ages experience to share involving over 20 gray castle walls. When I started again this year I was watching all of the auctions on Ebay trying to get a (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My forestmen loss

In lugnet.castle, Christopher Lindsey writes: <snip painful details> (...) Ouch, ouch... OMG... I also had a few melted bricks from my Hannuka Menorah... I thought it would be safe to light candles in it, so long as I put aluminum foil between the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle) !

  I'm rather annoyed with myself...

Yesterday, I stumbled across a site with a model of a working ballista. Correction: an impressive model of a working ballista. Today--nada. I can't find it. I'm rather annoyed at myself for not book marking it, but I figgered, "Hey! You found it (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My forestmen loss

Christopher Lindsey wrote in message <38EC0DA3.5318EC29@n...rn.com>... (...) that to (...) *still* (...) that (...) I have had some (Wait a sec, do I post this here?) pretty sick Lego's appear before my eyes. I’ve discovered a way to clean my Lego (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I'm rather annoyed with myself...

(...) Could it have been "Night Bane's Revenge" by Dan Siskind? (URL) link's at the bottom of the page. HTH Scott (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My forestmen loss

(...) My solution is to SOAK the bricks. Soon after I get used LEGO which is grungy, I put it in a bucket of warm soapy water, and leave it in the kitchen until I have time to process it. A LOT of stuff will soak off, though smoke smell doesn't. A (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Lego Cleaner (Was Re: My forestmen loss)

(...) Here is an idea for TLG: lego cleaner: a oproduct specificly designed for cleaning lego parts, designed so that it wont leave residue on the bricks, damage the bricks or melt ABS. You could market it in toy shops or whatever in the lego (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego) !

  Re: Heraldry for future sets:

I would *love* to see lego produce some old-school style heraldry. Some basic geometrical shapes, like chevrons, or any updates of the original crusader-style crests would be welcomed by all, and lead to an increase in sales. Actually, a brilliant (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My forestmen loss

(...) Whoa. I will now do this. Thanks. Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My forestmen loss

(...) For smokey LEGO, you only need to do Pine-Sol soak and then a soap washing, no need to do a soap cycle before the Pine-Sol (though I suppose if the pieces are extremely grungy it might be worth it). I also sometimes do an extra soap soak (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My forestmen loss

(...) What I now do (now that I've learned my lesson :) is to fill up the upstairs bathroom sink with warm water, dump the legos in there, and then pump a few spurts of Dial antibacterial soap in. I swirl it around, let it sit for an hour, rinse, (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Idea: Sleeves

Take a look at the LEGO Star Wars Episode I logo. More specifically, Qui-Gon Jin's (sp?) arm. He has sleeves (or maybe I should say "baggy" sleeves). When I first saw this I thought, wow, it sure would be cool if LEGO would make arms with sleeves. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general) !

  Re: My forestmen loss

Christopher Lindsey <lindsey@nospam.mallorn.com> wrote in message news:38ECC6AB.25D11A...orn.com... (...) Aren't you afraid than when you let the water out, you'll loose a brick down the drain. I soak mine in a dishpan. The smaller pieces I have (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact